Sizes S-XL (bust 30'' / 76cm - 52'' / 132cm) This pattern is very flexible, and can easily fit sizes above and below this range.
Be fashionably wrapped up from 1740 to 1810 with all three of our gorgeous 18th century mantle patterns! From the darling Marie (1740-1779), to the chic Charlotte (1770-1795), to the dramatic Sophia (1775-1810), these three patterns will elevate all your 18th century costuming ensembles, be the perfect addition to your cosplay, and add a fun historybounding touch to your modern wardrobe.
With all three patterns you'll have 6 different body views, and instructions for:
- Lined or unlined mantles.
- Hooded and hoodless versions.
- Interlining for extra-warm mantles.
- Three hood styles: the small Marie with star pleating, the medium Charlotte with fan pleating, and the extravagantly large Sophia with hem pleating.
- Working with lace to imitate the look of handmade lace 18th century mantles.
- Almost every possible type of mantle trimming: pinked trim, hemmed trim, ruffled trim, pleated trim, lace, purchased fringe as well as self-made fringe, marabou, and faux fur.
Mix and match hood pleating, linings, trims, and finishes between patterns for a practically limitless array of choices.
Like all Scroop + Virgil's Fine Goods patterns, these pattern includes detailed user-friendly instructions for making the mantles using historical techniques, as well as extensive additional historical information about the fabrics, notions and techniques used.
Outer Fabric: silk taffeta and satin, figured silks. Midweight fulled wools. Velvet and velveteen. Sheer silks, sheer linens and sheer cottons including embroidered muslin for unlined versions. Printed cottons for lined versions.
Lining (optional): Light-midweight silks including silk satin, lightweight taffetas, and silk lustring/lutestring. Cotton and wool mantles sometimes had cotton or linen linings or part-linings.
Interlining (optional): cotton or wool flannel, very thin wool quilt batting. Polyester quilt batting is NOT recommended as it is too bulky.
See the individual product listings for the specific fabric recommendations for each view.
Leimomi is wears View B Sophia in Size M in cream cotton/viscose velvet lined with silk taffeta. She wears her Charlotte over a View B Angelica Gown in striped silk.
|Body Measurements in Inches (Over Stays)|
Body Measurements in Centimeters (Over Stays)
About your Paper Pattern
This pattern is a physical paper pattern.
The 18th Century Mantle Bundle contains the following:
- Marie Instructions: 26 pages
- Charlotte Instruction: 24 Pages
- Sophia Instructions: 24 Pages
- Large paper printed pattern sheets
- Paper Envelope
If you are interested in a downloadable pattern please follow this link
- Coming Soon
Tutorials & Pattern Hacks
How to make your own silk ribbon - perfect for the mantle ties
Additional Historical Information:
- Coming Soon
- Coming Soon